Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am researching how to delete account with Cach LLC

Customer Question

Hello! I am researching how to delete account with Cach LLC from credit report, we already paid it off.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We are buying a house in a month, already put $50,000 down. My husband's credit report is still below 690 even though 3 months ago when we started this process we were told by our mortgage lender if we paid it off it would be above the required amount for 10% down.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: raedy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
No matter what you have heard or read, you cannot legally delete a properly reported debt on your credit report. The debt even if paid off would still show on your record for the requisite period of time, which is seven years. The account would just reflect that it has been paid off, but cannot be deleted before the seven-year period is up. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.