Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years

HiJA: . How can we help?Customer: i have been in a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i have been in a dispute with Toyota financial over a car i bough 1.5 years ago
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: last night the repo'ed the car and trespassed on my condo grounds
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: when taking the car they caused damage to the car next to it. I have it on our security video
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: the car was defective. I had leaks in the trunk, brakes were sub standard and it had a Tacakata airbag.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
Hello​This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard. Vehicles may be repossessed even from private property as long as it is not under cover or behind a locked door, such as a garage. Now, with that being said, the Repossession must not breach the peace. And I suggest, if you have evidence that the tow/repossession company caused damage to any other property while in the course of repossessing the vehicle, you should begin by contacting them and telling them that you have the evidence, and you are requesting they pay for the damage and request the name of their insurance company. Tell them, if need be you will bring the matter to small claims court. You will then need to have estimates done to present to the company. You should get at least 3, submit 3 and tell them you are willing to go with the lowest estimate.
Please let me know, if you need more information in this regard. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time. Thank you.