Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We volunteered to return a vehicle shortly after purchasing

Customer Question

We volunteered to return a vehicle shortly after purchasing it, the vehicle was sold. We later received a letter from a law firm stating we still owed money on the vehicle. We have been paying this law firm since around 2008, the amount owed in the beginning was less than $5,000.00. Now we owe over $18,000.00. We have been making payments of $50.00 per month on this vehicle that we do not own. We missed the month of March and now have been issued a NOTICE OF RIGHT TO HAVE EXEMPTIONS DESIGNATED. What can we do to completely get rid of this entire situation, and not have this law firm constantly after us ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Have you attempted to negotiate or restructure the debt? Have you demanded an audit or accounting to see how payments have been applied?Do you have assets which are vulnerable to creditor claims?