Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I am a WOW subscriber. On mar 52013 I upgraded my internet

Customer Question

I am a WOW subscriber. On mar 52013 I upgraded my internet speed from 15 to 30mbps. Today I found out the company needed to install a different box in my home but did not So they have been charging me $7.00 a month for a service they knew they weren't supplying. When I called this they said they would give me a $20.00 credit. What can I DO?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they knew you were not able to receive what they were charging you for, you are entitled to the refund for the difference in service for the number of months you were not able to receive the service. You would need to contact them back and speak to a supervisor to negotiate this, as they are the only ones who have authority to grant you the full refund.
If they refuse to refund you, then you have recourse to file suit against them for selling you a service without giving you the proper equipment and you can also seek a claim for unfair and deceptive business practices because they knew that you did not have the right equipment and you can seek up to triple damages and attorney's fees against them for this not informing you of the need for the other equipment.