Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Auto fraud JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need

Customer Question

Auto fraud
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I submitted a question on AVVO. It lead me to choose a lawyer
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok . I purchased a truck on 12/18/14 from a car lot named AutoBuyNet. They didnt give me a title. What they did was tag the truck for a year. I made my payments, wasnt any problems except for them not providing me with payment receipt.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: The tag went out this past December. They told me they would need to file lost title
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Failure to provide title within reasonable time is breach of the implied warranty of merchantability. If they have not provided title or applied for replacement since December, something is wrong and you need to inform them if they do not provide you proper title, you will be calling the DMV Dealer Licensing Unit and filing a complaint with them and the Attorney General for these unfair and deceptive business practices. If they still do not provide that to you, then you have grounds to sue for damages or to receive all of your money back.