Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a car that was advertised as runs great and daily

Customer Question

I bought a car that was advertised as runs great and daily driver and after buying it yesterday I drove it home and now it will not start. less than 24 hrs and under 100 miles and 1450 dollars wasted. The private seller did not say as is or was it ever mentioned until after the sale when I called him to ask if he would like to buy the car back. Is there any law protecting me from this disaster and him lieing to me about the condition of the car and the motor. I remember asking specific questions about the motor and was lied to. I know I can sue but is there even any chance of winning?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. What is wrong with the car? What questions did you ask about the motor and what did he say that wasn't true?