Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

The HOA filled a suit against me payment of an assessment,

Customer Question

The HOA filled a suit against me for non payment of an assessment, but as soon as I received a letter from the plaintiffs attorneys and before the summon was issued I fully paid the past due fee but the still need to get a court and legal expense fee.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, and I have to file the answer for ground defense by april 30,2016
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: no,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 7 months ago.

Just to be clear, they want you to pay attorney fees and filing fees? Did they dismiss the lawsuit yet?