Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

HOW MUCH PROFIT CAN A CAR DEALER MAKE OFF A DEAL? SEE I TOOK

Customer Question

HOW MUCH PROFIT CAN A CAR DEALER MAKE OFF A DEAL? SEE I TOOK MY MERCADES INTO A CAR DEARLER SHIP, AND HE TALKEDME INTO A CAR THEY JUST GOT IN! IM TALKING SAME DAY THEY HADnt even took it in to detail or checkout the car period. kelly blue book on my car was 4000 the ford 500 they were selling for 13000. do to being tired of the up keep i did it, my wife wanted to kill me because they had much new and better cars for the same price. the next day after sleeping on it , i took the ford back , they would of only gave me 4000 on a car i paid 13000 for the day before. if this is not against the law it should be
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. A dealer is unfortunately allowed to charge any price that a buyer is willing to pay. It's up to the buyer to do the research to see if the price is fair before agreeing to the sale. Unless you were coerced in order to agree to the sale, it unfortunately is legal and binding. They do not need to disclose how much profit they'll make on the deal, and there is no cap on how much money they can make. We live in a capitalistic society. That also means that they don't have to take the car back, and if they agree to buy it back, they can offer any amount they want. You're free to reject an unfair offer and try to sell the car on your own or decide to keep it. The way to change laws is to write to your state legislators, let them know about your situation, and propose a change. The more friends and family members you can get to sign a petition or send their own letters, the more likely it is you'll get a positive response. I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I am paid for the time I spent answering your question. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.Good luck.