Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Is there a legitiment tax SAT money

Customer Question

Is there a legitiment tax SAT for transferring money for sales or settlement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been approached by Mexican legal officer to get fraud monies back. We were told to send $755.00 before the settlement can be sent to our bank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
NO, there is no "tax" to get money you lost from fraud back. In fact, if you were called by a "Mexican legal officer" and asked for the money before anything can be sent back to you, they are generally someone who is part of the fraud. Legally, if there were any money due to the Mexican government (there is not if all they are doing is allegedly returning money from a fraud) they would simply deduct it from the money they were sending you. This is an advance payment scam and you should stop dealing with this person.