CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

Is it possible to change my mind after I've already signed

Customer Question

Is it possible to change my mind after I've already signed an agreement?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.
Not in general.The vast majority of contracts are binding as of the time that the parties enter into them.There are 2 types of exceptions:1) when the contract specifically provides for a period of reconsideration (this is going to be specifically stated in the contract);and2) when the contract falls within the 3 day cooling off period provided by Federal Law (there are not many contracts that do, but you can find a list here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0176-buyers-remorse-when-ftcs-cooling-rule-may-help)Outside of these exceptions, you can try to negotiate a cancellation agreement with the other party. Make sure to get any such cancellation (also called a "rescision") in writing.