CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.

I want to file a small claim. On the form SC-100 Plaintiff's

Customer Question

I want to file a small claim. On the form SC-100 Plaintiff’s claim …. Is a window with CASE NAME:
Who names the court case? And if it’s me, than how should I name it?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
There are 2 Case Names1) The full case name is: "All Plaintiff's Names in full vs All Defendant's Names in full"2) The short case name (used at the header for all of your filing pages) is the "the First Plaintiff's Last Name vs the First Defendant's Last Name"(If you have not already found it, the California Court's Self Help site is excellent:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It me vs 3 corporation.
Should I name it my full name vs the first corporation's full name?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How many copies of the SC-100 I will have to take with me to register the case with the county court clerk ? its 03 defendants.
Does the clerk needs to stamp the copies I will serve to the defendants?
Full name of your case is going to be: "***** ***** v Corp. 1, Corp. 2 and Corp. 3" (make sure to use the full corporate name as found on the California Secretary of State's business portal)Short name would be: "Smith v Corp. 1" (full name of Corp. 1)You will want at least 1 original (for the court), plus 4 copies (1 for you, 1 for each of 3 defendants), I usually recommend bringing an extra.Also, just to make sure there is no confusion, YOU cannot serve the complaint, you must have either a process server (highly recommended, they can do this for a small fee, usually less than $50), or another adult (not a party to the lawsuit) serve the complaint. (The complaint will be served on the "agent for service of process" for each of the corporations (also found on the Secretary of State's website).