Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Been awhile and iam back at a problem that has been ongoing

Customer Question

Been awhile and iam back at a problem that has been ongoing for years: What he correct interpretation of the Master Deed for a condo facitly of some 300 plus units in Memphis TN. I need an attorney to present owners against the HOA. Not any law firm in Memphis is willing to take on their bread and butter (working for the HOAs' as versus individual owners. Not sure this interpretation can be done via this email method as it will have to be determined in court just who is right. Several examples: 1. Tree uprooted a foundation of a unit. The HOA removed the tree but refused to pay any damages caused by the roots of the tree to the nearby condo foundation. 2. Water line feeding an outside faucet for the benefit of several condos as there is not an outside faucet for each condo. It is more like 4 to eight per outside faucet. The HOA pays the water as the units are not separately metered. The copper line feeding the faucet broke in side the unit to which it is supplied the water. HOA fixed the bustd pipe but refused to pay for the damages caused by the water. 3. The main post support for a steel beam that supports the deck on floor number 2 was completely rotted out. Thus there is no longer any support for that beam. The HOA says it is not their problem sense the damage is part of the exterior of the condo which is part of the patio and deck areas. Thus, it is excluded from the normal maintenance of the exterior elements such as the siding. But this is more than the siding, it is the structure that the siding attaches to in addition to the structural support of the deck.
I think one can get the difference that interpretation of the master deed is necessary and can't be done by email. Need an attorney in the Memphis TN area willing to take on a HOA. Or to make sense out of the position of the HOA that says they have no responsibility for these type of maintenance issues.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I understand. I have moved forward with someone from the list of available attorneys.' on hg.org list. tks for you helo

Thank you. Best wishes.