Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I have been attending the National Aviation Academy in Largo,

Customer Question

I have been attending the National Aviation Academy in Largo, Fl over the past 4 and 1/2 months. I have attended 551 hours to this point of a 2000 hour program. The quality of the education is so bad, the instruction is so poor I want to transfer out and attend another school. I want to drop out basically. The cost for the 2000 hours is $35,000. They have classified me in a prorated refund for people who drop out between 400-900 hours of $15,750. My calculation is I owe $9,642.50. I told them I want to speak with someone up the ladder who can agree to a more fair rate. I have paid them $12,462 to date, they want another $3,288 and call it even. Now the admissions department told me before I enrolled the average earning for an entry level mechanic would be between $23 and $31 an hour. The truth is more in the range of $15 - $17 per hour. Is there anything I can say to win a better settlement?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.The best way to receive a better settlement is to hire an attorney to draft a letter for you, detailing all of the ways the school essentially misled you in order to compel you to keep spending money with the school. There are lawyers who offer "unbundled services" - who can draft a letter for you, even if you don't want to hire an attorney for litigation. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For the $35 I paid you tell me to hire an attorney to write a letter. Perfound advive, I was looking for the strategy or argument to use with the school to defend my position. You would rather I pay a person like you to fight my battles. Or threaten to do so.
I will opt out so another expert can perhaps assist you. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Again more perfound advice, your showing real depth of character.