N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I got in a wreck on the 13 th i paid my insurance on the 8

Customer Question

i got in a wreck on the 13 th i paid my insurance on the 8 th but my insurance company says they canceeled my insurance on the 3 rd thaat didnt know but they took payment on the 8th got wreck on the 12 now they wont pay sent my money back to me on the 14
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they keep telling me they sent be a cancell notice if didnt i didnt get it and i paid my insurance like always on the 6th got to them on the 8th took out of my account i paid payment on march 1 st and feb 8 th they took those payment now sent payment on the 8 th now i get in wreck on the 12 th they say they cancelled and sent money back what do i do or can i do anything
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how long take get my question answer
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Which State is this in?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is in state of ohio
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i got in a wreck didnt no my insurance was cancell like i said i payed on 8 th they took it out account than when i got wreck they tell me its cancell in they had no record of payment i made on the 8th but than i get payment beck in my account on the 14
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i always paid i got date showing i paid march 1 st and feb 8 th and my payment in april 8 that they sent back bc said insurance was cancell after get in wreck on the 12
Did they send you a 10 day notice of cacellation? See page 13 ofhttp://www.insurance.ohio.gov/consumer/ocs/completeguides/completeautoguide.pdf
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they said they sent me a cancellation notice but not sure what y mean about 10 day notice i havent recived either 30 or 10 is there different
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i had my policy for 11 month i got a renewal for polcy it says from april 15 th 2016 to april 15 th 2016 so i lost on the whole thing i paid on the 8th but they say it cancelled on the third so they can do that
They are supposed to send a 10 notice of they were going to cancel for nonpayment. I think you should being all the documents and letters to and from the insurer to a local attorney who can sort through them and advise you. It sounds like the insurer may be acting in bad faith. You can get a free consultation from some of the attorneys listed by location here. Please follow up on this with a local attorney.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well the bad thing there saying they sent us a notice but i didnt recieve it
They have the burden of proof that they sent you a cancellation notice. Please have a local attorney assist you, my gut feeling is that the insurer is acting in bad faith.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they say they have proof
You can ask them to send you a copy of whatever proof they claim to have.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
well they say they sent me a cancell notice but i ddint get it so if they did but i didnt recive it what will happen they wont to pay do y think
They have to prove that they sent the notice. I don't know if they can drive it or not but I think you should demand a copy of, better yet, have an attorney demand a copy. Insurance companies lie. They might be lying about this, the timing is just too convenient for them. Please follow up on this with a local attorney.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ty i hope they insure me bc i owe on vechile and dont know what happen there plus i hit a guard rail so dont know what happen there plus if i was no insurance
If you need a new auto insurer, I think Progressive is pretty good. You really need a local attorney to assist you with the claim that was denied.