Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

In April of 2015, I purchased and installed flooring from Lumber

Customer Question

In April of 2015, I purchased and installed flooring from Lumber Liquidators. One of my family members informed me that Lumber Liquidaters was on the news because they were under investigation for selling flooring made in China that had toxic amounts formaldehyde. She told me that Lumber Liquidators pulled the product off the shelf in May of 2015 right after we purchased it. The flooring we purchased is on the list of flooring that was pulled due to the formaldehyde. As soon as I heard this I called a certified environmental testing company to come out to do a formaldehyde test. Yesterday I was emailed the test results that stated the levels were elevated and it was at a 97. Today my husband called Lumber Liquidaters to tell them of our test results and was told that they won't accept a 3rd party test, that we have to use their test and laboratory. That doesn't seem right to me. Mean while my 19 month old baby has been on the floor crawling all over this toxic floor. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I want to rip all the flooring out because I don't want my family exposed another second to the toxin. I'm really upset and concerned for my family. They have been exposed to formaldehyde amounts that exceed acceptable long term and short term exposure and also all the money I spent on the flooring. At this point I need to know my legal options.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. I will contact a local attorney. Thank u
Not a problem, please let me know if you will have any legal question that I can answer for you. Thank you and good luck!