Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a 2002 Toyota 4runner the 19th of March. The engine

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 Toyota 4runner the 19th of March. The engine light went on yesterday. I took it to a certified mechanic today and he says my engine either has a cracked head or the gaskets are gone. He says the engine is forcing the coolant to pressurize and is forcing it out. He found oil mixed with the coolant. He says the dealwho sold this to me should have picked up the problem when they took the car in. I bought this from a dealer in Ohio but I live in Michigan. Does this fall under the Ohio Lemon Law?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.No. Unfortunately, the lemon law would only apply to vehicles that are purchased brand new and unless the dealer had sold this used vehicle with some type of written warranty, I am afraid there would generally not be any recourse against the dealer and the buyer / new owner would be responsible for any repairs.I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.