RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Brought a new car yesterday. Trade my car. It really wasn't

Customer Question

Brought a new car yesterday. Trade my car. It really wasn't what I wanted. we found one on the Internet. That I like. We went in and told them to make a deal with the one I found. They said it's a use car and the bank will not fiance it. So I wanted my car back. And they said the contract was sign. And in the state of Tennessee you can't change your mind. Can I receive my car back and is that a law?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Unfortunately, that is the law. Tennessee does not have a "cooling-off" period for car purchases, new or used. This means that you own the car the moment you sign the contract and are bound by its terms. Unless the contract itself allows for a "cooling off" period (which is unusual, but sometimes offered), the car dealer can hold you to the contract. I'm sorry I cannot tell you otherwise. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist further.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
If you need clarification or additional information regarding this question, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Otherwise, please remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts on this site such as myself are paid for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. Thank you.