RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

If I owe a company a debt and I make a monthly payment too

Customer Question

If I owe a company a debt and I make a monthly payment too them can I still be sent to collections and what I mean is say I owe $3000.00 dollars and I send them $20.00 a month is that going to keep me out of debt collection ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Unfortunately, yes they can. Unless you pay the amount they are requesting in full each month (e.g., you have a payment plan to pay them $200 a month until the debt is paid) or send in the full amount, they can take collections action against you. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.
If you need clarification or additional information regarding this question, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Otherwise, please remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts on this site such as myself are paid for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. Thank you.