Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years

Do you know where to look up reimbursement paid to pharmacy's

Customer Question

Do you know where to look up reimbursement paid to pharmacy's for specific drugs?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I had a prescription filled for lidocaine and was charged a 75.00 co pay. The pharacist at Rite Aid would not tell me what Medicare paid. What web site can I look this up on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Do you receive an explanation of benefits each time you get your medication? Your EOB will have the breakdown of the costs as to how much medicare paid to the pharmacy in comparison to what the pharmacy requested. Then it will show that the pharmacy accepted that amount. It you are having concerns about a co-pay, I suggest you contact Medicare directly and ask them to provide the information because you suspect some type of fraud. For specific billing questions and questions, medical records, or expenses, call 1-800-MEDICARE.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.