Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I switched my accounts from RBC to ***** ***** because I wanted

Customer Question

I switched my accounts from RBC to ***** ***** because I wanted someone closer. I had an annuity with VOYA that guaranteed me 850 a month for the rest of my life. My advisor with ED aid it wasn't an annuity and I should cash it in and let him invest it. I notified him on 2/28 that I was concerned I did the wrong thing. He never got back to me. If I would have notified VOYA within 60 days I could have had it reinstated. I feel he should have researched my VOYA account and looked to see if it was actually an annuity. My chance to reconnect with VOYA was 3/20/16. Do I have any recourse?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What damages did you suffer as a result of his negligence? Was he actually negligent at all in taking the account and investing it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please refund my $47.
I am sorry, the experts are not employees of this site. If you want a refund, please contact customer service. Thank you.