Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

The Vin number is ***** ( mechanical engineer) it is documented

Customer Question

The Vin number is ***** ( mechanical engineer) it is documented by the Chevrolet website as being wrong, they will not repair the VIN number because of the title implications. Didn't know shows up in trying to trade in the car impossible configuration means a very low value 55 thousand High Country.
Bottom-line 8000 Miles I am left with the truck by VIN number that's worth $30,000. This is all provable and Chevrolet helps document this known error. They refuse to fix it and now it cost me $15,000.
Before it was not a physical damage and now it can be demonstrated as a direct physical damage with a monetary value
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If Chevy will not correct the error or change the title and it is their error, then you have grounds to sue them for their negligence and get a court order to force them to fix the VIN and also for the money damages that it has cost you for their breach of warranty, the $15,000 you state you had to pay because of their error with the VIN. So, if you have tried to get them to fix the problem and they refuse, then your next step is you have no choice but to get a local consumer protection attorney and sue them for breach of warranty and also for violation of the implied warranty of merchantability, since the vehicle is not able to be sold with the invalid VIN and also seek attorney's fees for their willful and malicious failure to correct the matter when you attempted to get it corrected.