Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I have taken a picture of homeadvisor listing me as a service

Customer Question

Hi I have taken a picture of homeadvisor listing me as a service they provide showing all my information they screen customers after my company information attracts them to homeadvisor and then they list my competitors to provide service.I grossed 88000.,00 2014 grossed 56000.00 2015
I believe it is because of this redirecting my potential customers.Simply Google search Tuckpointing Indiana.You will see what I am describing a1tuckpointing is always one of the listing with Home advisor and My company A1 Tuckpointing.When you act like potential customer they get you to fill out form online then they direct to my competitors
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are using your name without your consent and are doing so to take and redirect customers who are looking for your company specifically, then this can be grounds to sue them for violating your common law trademark rights in publishing your company name and thus infringing on your business and goodwill. So, yes, you can seek to pursue them if they are improperly using your company name to take customers from you and direct them to other companies and cause you to lose business as they are doing so for their own financial gain or profit. This is also an unfair and deceptive practice, as you are not a member of the site and taking customers away from you is done to disparage your business and damage your business.
However, as a company, you would need a local attorney to seek to sue them for damages and to get them to remove your name from their listings.