Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.

I had a tax lien filed against me year 2004 and 2005

Customer Question

I had a tax lien filed against me for tax year 2004 and 2005 back in 2005. I was under the impression my tax lean had expired this year 2016.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got a notice that they are filing a new 668 y c for tax year 2004
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
I just got a notice that they are filing a new 668 y c for tax year 2004 That does not sound right. Generally, the limitation on collecting tax debts is 10 years from the date that the t tax is assessed. Once the time limitation for collection has passed, the IRS can no longer file liens against the taxpayer's property. There are certain things that can extend the time, so you need to take up the matter with qualified CPA who can review all of the necessary facts. This article will help you understand what I mean by events which may serve to extend the limitation time on collection. I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating