Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra

Customer Question

I bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra back in June 2015 and before driving car off lot I had to get collision and comprehension before driving of lot applied for it at geico . With my insurance I need to get inspection which I did get maybe a month later approximately in July I'm thanking that I'm all set after getting my inspection and not herring any thang else from Geico, I'm ok. Now here in April 2016 someone hit me in a parking lot with damages, I call geico for a claim to have repairs and they inform me I don't have any on just liability and roadside assistance and from there in order for them to repair my car I have to pay for reinstatement fee of 360.22 plus a deductible of 500.00 in order to get my car repaired which I find very unfair being that all the repairs doesn't equal this what can I do to get so justice
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did your policy change? Were you paying for comprehensive coverage that would cover this damage or are they saying you need to pay to have the comprehensive (you cannot avoid the deductible)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Obviously they changed it because I bought comprehension and collision And in the end all I have is liability and roadside asst. after I didn't get the inspection after 14 days they dropped my original order I paid for and proceeded with liability and never reinstated my comprehension and collision after they received my inspection a couple of weeks later. Now 8 1/2 months later was in a fender bender and the informed me that I have no coverage for my car. initially what I paid for was full coverage and thought I had full coverage and was paying for full coverage I did not know I was not paying for full coverage, no one informed me of any difference in my coverage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.