Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A debt collector got judgement to garnish my wages I

Customer Question

A debt collector got judgement to garnish my wages I responded by a motion for hearing and during this hearing process the debt collector states to the judge they need more time to find my employer and the judge requested that the contact that was signed by me with the original company would be need and also order the debt collector to collect information on the contact and case adjured with no specified date for next hearing so after two weeks I got a letter from my employer that the judge order them to withhold my some of my pay check for garnishment process. I then filed for a hearing on the document that the judge requested for during the last hearing at this point I got an email from the original debtor that they do not have documentation in the system for my account since on a phone conversation they stated to me that the debt was an error in their system that they would fix and take the bill off my account and the never followed on for two years this was in 2008 and now the debt collector motion to dismiss the final hearing and before I receive the motion in the mail the judge granted it to the debt buyer. I need help on what to do to stop this criminal activity from creating hardship for my family
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
what specifically can I answer about the judgment?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am needing to know what document I need to file or motion to have the case heard by the judge or do I need to get a different Div and if so what is the process?
You can file a motion to vacate the prior order supported by affidavit, exhibits, and record of the case.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
Kindly rate me positively.