How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56040
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A debt collector got judgement to garnish my wages I

Customer Question

A debt collector got judgement to garnish my wages I responded by a motion for hearing and during this hearing process the debt collector states to the judge they need more time to find my employer and the judge requested that the contact that was signed by me with the original company would be need and also order the debt collector to collect information on the contact and case adjured with no specified date for next hearing so after two weeks I got a letter from my employer that the judge order them to withhold my some of my pay check for garnishment process. I then filed for a hearing on the document that the judge requested for during the last hearing at this point I got an email from the original debtor that they do not have documentation in the system for my account since on a phone conversation they stated to me that the debt was an error in their system that they would fix and take the bill off my account and the never followed on for two years this was in 2008 and now the debt collector motion to dismiss the final hearing and before I receive the motion in the mail the judge granted it to the debt buyer. I need help on what to do to stop this criminal activity from creating hardship for my family
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
what specifically can I answer about the judgment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am needing to know what document I need to file or motion to have the case heard by the judge or do I need to get a different Div and if so what is the process?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can file a motion to vacate the prior order supported by affidavit, exhibits, and record of the case.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly rate me positively.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions