Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I store my off road bike at a storage facility and today a

Customer Question

I store my off road bike at a storage facility and today a friend had an accident while riding it i called for an emt and the police came also under what circumstances can they tow my bike ? I was told it had two different vin numbers then i was told the bike was part of an investigation.then i was ordered to leave the scene without giving a statement or my information.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bike is not stolen it was bought at an auction and im 100% positive that they didnt run the vin on the scene.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking what recourse you have now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If the bike belongs to you then it needs to be returned. If there is a police investigation it is normally kept for a brief period and then returned. You may want to have a lawyer place a call to get it returned and get timing for same. Martindale.com is a good resource, and should avoid need for lawsuit, etc. Kindly let me know if acceptable.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.