Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My name is***** I had a unit at

Customer Question

My name is***** I had a unit at a storage facility. I went to the facility to find out that my storage unit had been in a fire. The office said it was an electrical fire. I did not know what happened. I had to go to the fire department to see. I never received a call from the storage. I kept trying to reach out and leave messages but no return phone calls. I took a picture and left. I kept calling with no return calls because I wanted to see if anything was able to be used. The next week I called and asked what happened and why I was not make a long story short, they said I could come by. When I got there, they had put tape up saying danger so I did not enter. I took off work to go by and the young lady was very rude. She lied and said the tape was still up but it wasn't. They said they reached out to me, but they didn't, and on top of that they went throughmy storage and took out items without giving me a chance. I asked them who took all the stuff out, and they said the fireman did. The fire department said they only cut a Triangle in the unit. There was a gentlemen working there who said that they were getting ready to push all the stuff somewhere. He asked me if I signed a consent form, and I told him no. I showed him the pictures to show him how my unit was before they went through it. Is there anything I can do since I did not have renters insurance?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
do they have insurance? how much are your damages?