Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas

I bought a car, and I had a pre approval prior to going to

Customer Question

I bought a car, and I had a pre approval prior to going to the dealer. I told the dealer that I didn't want my credit shopped and that I only wanted to use the bank that I was pre approved for. After all documents were signed, and I left, the dealer changed the bank on the contract without my knowledge. I found out when the new bank called asking for information. The dealer changed the bank on a few other documents as well. I have carbon copies with the original information, and the new bank has copies that have been scratched out and changed. How do I pursue this criminally and in civil court? I live in the state of Florida.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Your fastest recourse here is to contact the FL Attorney General and file a complaint for consumer fraud with the consumer protection division. If the dealer engaged in fraud, the AG can pursue criminal as well as civil charges against them and end up pulling their license and potentially convict them in a criminal proceeding..This would also be at no cost to you. .If you wanted to pursue this yourself, then you can file suit against them under a breach of contact claim and sue for any damages you have incurred. But you would be on the hook for your attorney fees up front, although you could likely recover them in any civil judgment as well as potentially treble damages for the consumer fraud...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks
You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me...thanks muchBarrister