Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.

My credit card was stolen and was used to purchase

Customer Question

My credit card was stolen and was used to purchase two orders of "Next Issue" I do NOT want this item. I am a Senior and am on a limited budget. The person who used the card placed many "Not For Profit" donations. I would Appreciate any assistance offered to resolve this problem.
Richard ***********
14563 ** **** *****
********** Florida
*** *** ****
Acc't ***************** and **********
Thank you in advance for your assistance
Richard ************
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 6 months ago.
What is the value of the item?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, The first thing you are going to have to do, if you haven't done this already is to call your card carrier and IMMEDIATELY cancel the card and get yourself another one. Let them know that your card was stolen and go over all of the charges on your card that were made after the loss. In this way, you won't be liable to pay off those charges, unless you waited more than a billing period (or two, depending upon your card carrier) to report the theft. Then you want to get to the police and fill out a complaint report, because your card carrier is going to want to try to find and press charges against the person who used the card. They will want the complaint number from your police report. From there, you want to contact Next Issue, tell them that this was an unauthorized charge on a stolen card and that you want the order cancelled.