How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56039
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Morning, I'm Samuel Kelley residing in Montgomery Alabama.

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I'm Samuel Kelley residing in Montgomery Alabama. On last week my wife went to purchase a car from one of the local car dealerships. she called me to get my SS#. I immediately ask what would they need with my SS#, she stated they told her since I was the main person on the rental lease I would have to be the primary person to sign for the car as it relates to her getting her tag etc. Upon my return to the city I met with the Finance Manger to review the documents, he requested for me to sign several pieces of paer which I did not. I then questioned him on who allowed him to pull my credit. He stated "Not Me. He then walked over to the salesman that sold my wife her car. The salesman stated Your wife, told us to pull it. I then stated this is my wife she is not me, no one gave any of you the approval to pull my credit. The salesman then stated I messed up and pulled it sir. Now, my question is should I move forward with an attorney, police report etc on the car dealership and or should I go directly after the salesman that admitted his screw up?. What would I be looking to get out of the law suit? any finance, damages etc?. Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can pursue dealer for unfair and improper trade practices. Police normally won't get involved in this situation.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If I can clarify anything, please ask me. otherwise, please rate me positively.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions