Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What, if any items are protected as the result of a debtors

Customer Question

What, if any items are protected as the result of a debtors examination. For example, a car in my wife name, owned by her for 10 years?
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a judgment against me, it has been an on-going issue for 20 years, I have paid a lot of money in installments because of threats of deposing my friends and family etc. The plaintiff continues the judgement every ten years or whenever due. A debtors exam is scheduled for next wee.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Do you mean a judgment debtor examination? Which State is this in?