Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years

I had a very bad experience with Apple. My Apple ID was stolen

Customer Question

I had a very bad experience with Apple. My Apple ID was stolen and the bad guy changed the password, security questions and secondary email. And they set up emails from apple send to the seondary email. And they locked my phone. I have been talking to Apple for days and I went to Apple store with my ID. But they wouldn't get my password ***** because I couldn't anwer the security questions and couldn't click the link Apple sent to the secondary email. And they said they couldn't do anything even I approved I am the customer... Now I can't use my phone. I couldn't get all the photos and information saved on my phone. All Apple does is protecting the bad guys, not the real customers...Just like if I lost my credit card, I can get my money and credit back if I show the bank my ID. But Apple refused to protect the real customers. They only protect the bad person. I hope somebody can help me with this case. I know Apple is a big company. Is there any chance I can win the case?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Who have you been working with at Apple? A sales rep or a supervisor or who?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I talked to an Apple customer support advisor. Below is his contact info.Matt Tittle
iOS Senior Advisor
Mac Advisor(###) ###-####ext.(###) ###-####**@******.***
Sun - Thu 1:30pm -10:30pm Central
And I went to the apple store and talked to the employees there. They think it is very stupid but they can't do anything about it.Look forward to your soonest reply.Thanks!Feng
Thank you, Feng. This is actually a theft. And so you should consider making a police report about how your phone was hacked and what has occurred to get that on record. Then you have the police report showing that you are legitimate, you had nothing to do with the hacking crime. I then suggest you contact Apple Headquarters. Let me get you that information. But also you should contact the CA Attorney General Consumer Protection Division and file a consumer complaint against Apple. Here is that contact Information -
Apple is hard to find information on when Complaints or help is needed. However, you can try this 1-***-***-**** and explain what is going on, you have your ID and you know your serial number, etc. And that you have filed a complaint with the AG's office because if Apple cannot help you then it is fraud.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sam,Can you please let me know which department at the police station to talk to to file a report?Thank you so much!Feng
Yes. I suggest you should go to the local police agency in your area. And you also might want to try this link in addition to the police report to contact Apple Legal dept.