Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My friend provided health records son that were required my

Customer Question

My friend provided health records for her son that were required my the immigration dept. The immigration attorney has since lost the documents. Does my friend have any recourse? We live in CA
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Her 4yr old son does not keep good health. My friend's application is for a green card. She wishes to remain in the US while her application is being processed as son does not keep well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.

are you asking if there is a claim against the lawyer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

There is a claim for loss of property. It may be pursued by negotiation, by complaint in court, and by complaint to the discpiplinary bar. Practically, the lawyer wont want such risk and will often notify his insurer to settle or simply settle with you directly. Good luck. Kindly rate me positively.