Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a 2008 honda accord from dealership in Newark de

Customer Question

I purchased a 2008 honda accord from martin dealership in Newark de in sep 2014 payments were 361 I get ss on the 3rd so I did bill pay thru my bank to citidel finance on the 3rd each month payments were not
due oct the 17th each month never late they dropped my apr rate lower in sept 2015 I traded in for a 2010 crv honda same dealer n same finance co the new payment is 431. I made the payment on the 3rd as usual but I made that 431 to loan 1 realizing my mistake I call the finance co n they moved the payment to loan 2. Making me still on time. However when I moved the 431 it left the dealer only owing 85 dollars to get the title n they did. Now they r coming after me for the 431 plus they have gone up to 8 hundred dollars n threating to repro my crv I did everything the dealer told to do as far as down payment still making early payments never late n the dealer got the title for 85 dollars can u please help me
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am having some difficulty understanding what happened.

1. Can you please explain more about the $85.00 and the $800.00

2. When you traded in the accord, did you not have to give them the title?

3. What was the value that they placed on your trade in?