Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

I will be served to go to small claims court, because I

Customer Question

I will be served to go to small claims court, because I didn't pay a loan to a loan company. Can settle before going to court.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Yes, you can enter into a settlement agreement at anytime before the court issues a judgment. If you do that, I would suggest that as a part of the settlement agreement, you have the lender agree to report the loan to the credit bureaus as "paid in full" or "paid as agreed" so that it does not negatively effect your credit.