Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My car was stolen four months ago, and recovered three

Customer Question

My car was stolen four months ago, and recovered three months ago. The damage done while stolen has taken three months to repair (so far), but Geico insurance will only pay for one month of car rental out of four months, leaving me with a bill upwards of $3000. The car is being repaired by an autobody shop and my local dealer who had leased the car to me; and I have $1000 deductible. Is there any consumer protection I can seek for:
the autobody shop and the dealer taking three months or more to repair damage I did not inflict? Geico insurance company allowing only 30 days rental on stolen car AND over three months of repair? The auto finance company for charging me those four months of lease payment for a car I've been unable to use (totaling $2520). Is there any consumer protection in this case?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear aboutthis unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Why does vehicle repair takes so long?

Were you given a written estimate as to how long the repair would take before leaving your vehicle in the shop?

Did you question the dealer auto shop and also did the dealer offer you a loaner vehicle?