Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am thinking of reaching out to a tax relief firm and they

Customer Question

I am thinking of reaching out to a tax relief firm and they require me to give my SS# ***** are promising to reduce my current tax debt by 80%. Are you familiar with any of these firms? The one I am working with is National Tax Experts. Are there tax attorneys on this site as well?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, there are tax experts on this site, but it is recommended that you ask tax questions under the tax category.

Please provide the website, telephone number, and/or address for the National Tax Experts do I can see whether or not they are a real company.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the company's website:
**************
thanks!
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. The company is real and are in California. They have been in business since at least 2012. Their number is(###) ###-####

This is a real company. However there are two possible red flags.

1) A company by the same name operates out of California as well. That company has a different address, and lots of complaints. See HERE. The company you speak of claims not to be connected to that other company that has lots of complaints - see HERE. 2) There are at least THREE companies by the same name that exist in California. How they are interrelated - if indeed they indeed are - is not yet clear.

2) Making promises to reduce tax liability by 80% without even KNOWING someone's tax situation is somewhat unrealistic. If this was true, then the company would be known throughout the country. This claim strikes me as questionable.

Given the two things above, it is recommended to use extreme caution when contracting with this company. It may have both a questionable background and also its claims are somewhat grandiose. I would be careful.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!