Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in Consumer Protection law, in particular construction law and auto repo law
20355756

I believe I am the victim of fraud. How can I get this

Customer Question

I believe I am the victim of fraud. How can I get this investigated?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

HELLO THERE --

-

That depends upon the type of fraud that happened to you. Can you please give me some more information regarding the fraud so I can direct you to the correct state or federal agency and/or law enforcement to investigate the matter.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dating fraud, money laundering I'm assuming, don't know that's y I'm here. Basically money placed in my account, I wired as directed $2000 western union, completed but remainder amount sent back original sender and I had fraud charge against me! Amazing NoW what do I do

Hello there --

-

Under the circumstance, because Western union is a federally licensed money carrier, you should file a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov and if you believe that their activity rose to the level of criminal behavior (which it sounds like it might) then you should file a complaint with the FBI's online complaint unit - I will give you the link below --

https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud/internet_fraud

-

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY