Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

My wife and I are staying in at a certain hotel in NJ a

Customer Question

My wife and I are staying in at a certain hotel in NJ for over a month and there are mice, can we get our money back? They moved us to a couple of rooms but same result...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that my wife and I are don't know what else to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

When did you discover mice and why did you remain staying at this hotel after discovering mice issue?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cause my wife and I are looking for an apartment...and our funds are limited.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We discovered the mice since we been there...Feb 23rd, 2016..

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, if the hotel guests continued to remain in the hotel and agreed to pay for the hotel stay after the discovery of the mice, such action to voluntarily stay at the hotel despite the mice issue, would mean that the guests waived any rights to claim lack of accommodations / conditions and the only option would be to complain to the hotel management and see if they would issue any credit for the stay as a courtesy.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!