Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Rescinding a timeshare contract, we just signed agreement

Customer Question

Thompson and rescinding a timeshare contract
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we just signed agreement yesterday and then have already found that the availability just isn't there and have been able to do some research on the org since - not positive. So, I know I have 5 days under MO law and can write my letter, send certified, etc but i am trying to determine if i'm within my rights to stop pmt on the check as well
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, stopping a payment on the check that was issued to a timeshare company is not valid legal option, since doing so, can not only subject the person to civil and/or criminal prosecution, but can also invalidate an option to cancel the written contract lawfully.

So generally, consumer has to follow the cancellation terms stated in the timeshare contract in order to lawfully cancel the contract.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.