socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Does a company called Olympic Business Development have a

Customer Question

Does a company called Olympic Business Development have a relationship with Amazon? I paid them via credit card $495 yesterday. They proceeded to call today looking for 1000's today to procure Amazon leads. Are they for real?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They said the $495 was to develop a web site. Selling Amazon products a man Named Jeff called today and was selling marketing plans which ranged in price from $1000 and up to get the business running. There phone numbers are(###) ###-####(###) ###-####And(###) ###-####
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

Can you please provide a website link for the business?

If you are referring to the business identified at this website, then the business may be associated with Amazon for the purpose of selling services, as do many other vendors. I am aware of no special affiliation between Amazon or Olympic.

The organization has an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau, and while that is only one indicator of a business' reputation and performance, it's rarely the whole story.

Regardless, if you believe that you have been tricked into agreeing to and paying for products or services that you have not received, then contact the vendor, demand a refund, and if you are not granted one immediately, send a letter to your credit card issuer and dispute your bill. You can contact your credit card issuer via phone, as well, but under federal law, only written correspondence will trigger the card issuer to conduct an investigation and potentially refund your money.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!