Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I want to sue Covered CA to deduct money from my checking

Customer Question

I want to sue Covered CA for continuing to deduct money from my checking after I went on medicare. I was paying Blue Shield for the required healthcare and a Medicare supplement at the same time. Blue Shield has verbally agreed to refund my money but they need authorization from CA. Who iis the person and address to serve the small claims action to?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to send them a letter demanding your refund and you need to send a copy of the letter to the CA insurance office as well. Once you send them notice and give them 30 days to refund your money in writing, if they fail to comply, you can then sue them in small claims court for return of your money.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I still need to know who to serve the papers to.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need the addresses for those letters
Thank you for your reply.
You serve the CA Attorney General's Office and the Director of CA Department of Health Care Services (Jennifer Kent) both with a copy of the letter. Also when it comes to suing, you would serve both of them with copies of the suit. The AG and Department of Healthcare Services are both in Sacramento.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I went to the website for California healthcare service and clicked on contact us find an address but nothing shows up for covered California. I also went to Jennifer Kent's website no address and Covered California website no address there .
thank you for your reply.
Again, this is why you really are supposed to use an attorney in this type of suit, which is what I said above. Actually, a professional process server, which you have to use to serve the documents knows exactly where to go. However.
Jennifer Kent, Director California Department of Health Care Services ***** MS 4050 P.O. Box 997413 Sacramento, CA ###-##-####
Kamala Harris, Office of the Attorney General 1300 "I"Street, Sacramento, CA###-##-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You mean I should pay an attorney a couple thousand to collect $950.00 this is what small claims if for. I have done at least 15 small claims cases and won them all, I have also done numerous writs of execution and wage garnishments, and newspaper service. I know how to collect, I do not always have the addresses when it comes to government crooks.