Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I was harassed, discriminated and ultimately wrongfully

Customer Question

I was harassed, discriminated and ultimately wrongfully terminated by Larry H Miller Southwest Hyundai, 6700 Lomas, ABQ, NM. I never received all of my pay/bonuses in full. I purchased a car in Dec under false pretense that the bad car fax was misprint and was assured that it was to fixed. I never received the car nor never signed the car fax during the financing process which is part of legal paperwork. I recently had the car fax check to find I have fraudulently purchased a $1000 piece of junk for $20,000. LHM Hyundai is know for ripping off customers.
Maria(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the dealer misrepresented the car to you as you state they did, your first step is to file a complaint with the NM Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit and the NM DMV Dealer Licensing Unit. If they investigate and cannot resolve the issue, which they can in most cases, then you have grounds to sue the dealer for breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation and unfair and deceptive business practices. For fraud and unfair and deceptive practices, you can sue for up to triple damages plus attorney's fees so at that point hiring a local consumer protection attorney to sue them would significantly increase your chances of winning and they would have to pay the attorney's fees as part of the damages.