Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

RE a conditional hydroelectric water right The dam broke

Customer Question

RE a conditional hydroelectric water right The dam broke months before we bought ranch property. Plans to repair - just not sure when. Will return it to a non-jurisdictional height (previous owners built to a jurisdictional height without realizing change affected jurisdictional attribute). Any advice? Let hydro-electric water right go? Hydroelectric may not produce as much with a ten foot height.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please explain what your specific legal question is regarding this for us?
We are not able to ascertain specifically what you want to know about your situation and need you to provide more facts and clarification on your issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is all I have - in my back story - I am looking to have a water rights lawyer understand the back story. No worries.
I am sorry, but without knowing more about the situation it is hard for us to focus in on specifically what you need. There is a lot to water rights in Colorado and tons of court cases on water rights and hydroelectricity dams, but without more we have no idea in what direction to look for you. Again I apologize.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Certainly not your fault. I will have to read more about our conditional hydroelectric water right and try again later. Much appreciate your response.
Thank you very much for your understanding. Please feel free to return if you develop some more specific questions. Just do not reply here and this question will close on its own.