Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I am considering getting into the music equipment business.

Customer Question

I am considering getting into the music equipment business. I would like to offer high-end musical equipment to rock/metal guitarists by offering "lease with a purchase to buy" for said pieces of equipment.
Where do I start in terms of covering all of my bases?
Also, I would like the agreement to (pretty much) work like an amortization schedule with a mortgage, but I want it to technically be a lease. So if they Lease it for a year, then I would want their payoff to be what it would be as if it was a mortgage (this is more beneficial financially instead of just leasing for a year and then buying it at full price).
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please understand, we cannot draft any contracts for you, for that you need to go to a local attorney. We can merely answer any general questions you may have about your situation and if you would clarify those specific questions for us, we would be happy to answer you.