Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have $50,000 worth of work done in my apartment with a

Customer Question

I have $50,000 worth of work done in my apartment with a "licensed" general contractor. He did not complete the job to my satisfaction and claims I owe him 10,000 more. There is a list of wrong doings; many illegal on his part.All have been documented, all with pictures my main problem is: I have a 6' table made out of quartzite. The contractor bought it and had a contractor put it in. Since it was put in it has been cracking throughout the entire piece of stone. No-0ne will take responsibility for this. Where I bought it,(defective slab) person who installed it, or my contractor. I have called and spoken to many granite-quartzite experts,they have NEVER seen this before. I have never used the table. I am out about $7000.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Who is responsible for replacing the table? New stone,removal of the old replace new, labor costs granite or quartzite cost?

Thank you for the information.

The contractor who bought it is responsible. The contractor can then go to the place where he bought it for reimbursement. If the contractor refuses to pay for the replacement, then you would need to file lawsuit against the contractor or withhold the amount necessary to replace the item from the contractor's final payment. If the contractor files lawsuit against you for owing him, you can counterclaim for all the substandard work that he did plus the broken table.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.