Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am a Ware Ma resident that Just got a bill from Amerigas

Customer Question

Hello.
I am a Ware Ma resident that Just got a bill from Amerigas that is double what it normally is. I called them believing I had a leak somewhere outside and I wanted them to look at the service. They told me that the service was fine but my price for propane had doubled to 4.79$ per gallon!! I don`t understand why or how a company can do this without any notification of their intent whatsoever! I have good credit and I have paid my bills on time for the last 3 years I used this company... I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE PAYING OR ANYTHING! I now have a 600$ bill that will be difficult to pay as I was not aware this was going to happen? Is there anything I can do to get them to reduce this bill? I want to preserve my good credit but this is going to put me behind!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Is the property subject to this utility increase located in New Hampshire?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no... it is in ware Ma
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is extremely frustrating...there was no notification whatsoever and I have done nothing to prompt some sort of punitive increase
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
after reading your above statement I don`t believe this is the help I need. I really need advice on my specific situation. will I still be billed?

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, if utility company is engaging in some type of unfair or deceptive billing / business practices, then it is important to file a formal complaint with this company's corporate headquarters and also to file formal complaints with the Massachusetts Attorney general at the link below:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-resources/filing-a-complaint-with-the-attorney-generals.html

Also a formal complaint can be filed with your local Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.com and this agencies will investigate your complaint and will take proper action upon completion of their investigation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.