Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

When a car purchase between two people transpires and one

Customer Question

when a car purchase between two people transpires and one drives away with title and car and the other is paid for the vehicle sale is final. Then the person with the vehicle starts calling the seller and complaining about little things they are finding out with the 12 year old vehicle and threatening with wanting more money off the purchase price or their money back. isn't it an as is sale between two people in Michigan ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was there any type of written warranty with the car sale?

.

.thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no there wasnt

Ok, then this is the textbook definition of "caveat emptor"...or "buyer beware". With no written warranty, the sale is "as is" and you have no legal duty to refund them any money at all once they purchase it. The burden is on them to inspect it thoroughly before buying because once they buy it, it is theirs, problems and all.

.

So if you haven't actually refunded anything, you don't have any obligation to do so..

.

.

thanks