Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I am a homeowner in Tulsa County. I paid a Fence Contractor

Customer Question

My name is*****; and I am a homeowner in Tulsa County.
I paid a Fence Contractor $31,354.00 to install a privacy fence and an iron fence on my property almost 29 months ago; and he refuses to provide me with a warranty on both fence; but he wants to charge me substantial amounts of money to repair the iron fence that includes two (2) gate operators; and both of them are now not working. Shortly before I paid the Fence Contractor his last payment on the fence about 29 months ago, he told me verbally that he would give me a 10-20 year warranty on the iron fence; and a 1-2 year warranty on the privacy fence; and that he would get them in the mail to me that week; which was the week of 10.29.2013.
On our signed contract/proposal dated 6.1.2013, it states "All material is guaranteed as specified." My Fence Contractor specified verbally to me that he would mail me my warranties the week of 10.29.2013.
My iron fence and my privacy fence both needs major repair work done on them now; and according to my Fence Contractor, they are both still under warranty; but he denies telling me of the warranties; and he still refuse to provide me with any warranty.
My question to you is: Do you think that my case is strong enough to sue my Fence Contractor for $10,000.00 for "Poor Workmanship" and for "Attempted Fraud."?
Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.
Fannie Boyd ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Do you have ANYTHING in writing evidencing the verbally assured warranty?