Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I had an aftermarket wheel damaged by a local tire shop"

Customer Question

I had an aftermarket wheel damaged by a local tire shop" (goodyear") the wheel can not be repaired, and they are discontinued high end wheels. (1200 each) since the wheel is no longer available are they liable of replacing my wheels with a new set, can they cut me a check because they didn't ruin just one wheel, they ruined a SET. are they liable to replace all my wheels or no?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They are liable for the actual damage they caused. If you cannot find only one replacement wheel even a used one in good or similar condition as the old one, since you cannot use just one wheel and need all four, they would be liable for replacing the wheels with a SET of comparable value.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if i can't find a set i like, can they just cut me a check for my wheel costs,(like the whole set) I'm unable to locate my original recipt but i can prove what the wheels went for before they discontinued and have documentation of all this.
Thank you for your reply.
You can seek monetary damages, since you cannot find something you want. You bear the burden of proving the costs of the rims, so if all you have is the documentation on the value, that is sufficient.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they are refusing liability for damaging the set, so i need to open a civil case?
Thank you for your reply.
If they cannot put your vehicle back into the same condition it was in before you brought it to them, you would have no choice but to sue them.